Open Call - Reciprocal Showcasing
As part of the Transforming Narratives Artistic Programme Open Call, funding is being offered to support ambitious cross-country collaboration projects, to develop new work and build on existing ideas.
- Open call round 1: August – October 2019
- Open call round 2: January – March 2020
Reciprocal showcasing criteria
- Grants for up to £20,000 will be made but applicants may make the case to apply for a higher award if the proposed activity is exceptional.
- The focus of this fund is to enable existing finished work to be showcased overseas, in Birmingham, Bangladesh or Pakistan as appropriate. The emphasis of this showcase must be on a contemporary, high quality artistic programme and on building long-lasting relationships between producers, venues and programmers which will build new audiences for work in all three countries.
- This funding should not be used to supplement planned tours of works in Birmingham, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Neither should it be used to showcase artists who have already showcased existing work in the relevant locations. Instead, it should support the showcasing of work by artists that otherwise would not be seen in the proposed showcase country/countries.
- Activity can add value to existing festivals or programmed seasons or work, exposing audiences to work never been seen in the UK, Pakistan or Bangladesh, or introducing new practices.
- Grant recipients are required to demonstrate value for money and seek additional funding from other sources within a clear timeframe outlined in their application.
- The applicants must also demonstrate a well-considered, culturally appropriate and embedded approach to including an element of critical dialogue into their showcase. They should also be willing to work with the SAADA archive should their work be deemed appropriate for the catalogue. Where this is the case, additional funds may be awarded from the archive and legacy allocation to enable acquisition guidelines and standards to be met (such as in the case of photography and/or videography).
Further reading and resources
How to apply
Please fill out the below application form and equal opportunities form and email it to us:
Transforming Narratives Application form
Transforming Narratives equal opportunities form
Please contact the Transforming Narratives team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 607 1803 (Tuesday – Thursday) should you need to discuss access needs or require reasonable adjustments in order to make an application.